Latino Chamber Committee: GO GREEN NOW!
Guest Speakers: Lawrence Nussbaum, Senior Consultant and Paul May, Bilingual Sustainability Specialist | Environmental Innovations
At a time that seems to bring only bad news for small businesses, we are happy to have good news for you! Most Bay Area businesses are eligible for $500 through our Bay Area Sustainable Business Challenge. You just need a computer or phone with video and audio to participate. Challengers will be first in line for $500 rebates and free resources that will help them complete the Challenge and lead to Green Business Certification.
In this session we will go over the application and verification process plus how our resources can help your business qualify for the rebate.
What is the challenge? The challenge is to show us that your business meets just 12 environmentally friendly requirements. For anything your business is not doing, we will help you achieve it.
To succeed in the challenge and access the $500, all you'll have to do is show us that your business:
- Follows best practices in waste and recycling
- Incentivizes employees and customers to work off-commute hours, telecommute, or use carpooling, bicycles, e-vehicles or mass transit
- Purchases eco-friendly and cost efficient products
- Has water and energy efficient facilities
- Does business with another green business
- Refers our program to another business
Some businesses will also need to communicate how they:
- Maintain onsite storm drains
- Maintain their heating and air conditioning
Business owners and managers of offices, facilities, and purchasing, are all welcome to attend. Most businesses will be able to enroll and fill out most of their applications during the info session!
Please register, confirmation email will include Zoom meeting link